
TAILS - Tell about your job (Or one you've had)


I walk through those doors with pride,
Who's life will i save tonight?
Someone is waiting for me,
Someone is alive today because of my duty.
Sometimes we cry cause we can't save them all,
God sometimes won't let us interfere when he calls.
A baby's first breath when he looks at me,
The joy of my first delivery.
The tear i wipe a way with my own hands,
The life ending of a gentle old man.
The night seems so dark and the morning so bright.
Being a nurse you see life in a different light.
Who will i save tonight?
Who will hold my hand during their last breath with no fright?
Who will enter this world on my shift?
How many mothers will greet their babies with a kiss?
I don't know who these special people are
but i will meet them with every call
I will hold them tight and help the pain
I will hold them up when they feel faint.
I will be strong when i am needed
That is my job, I am a nurse..that is my duty.
I may not have the greatest job in the world; they say pay is good when you get to the greener pastures...I say, when will I get there? :) This may sound cheesy but the greatest pay that could ever be given is seeing those patients go home well. Hearing their sweet thank yous warms my heart. They have no idea how much pride we feel that they have acknowledged our help. There were times when I also feel frustrated that despite trying to do everything for them, some would even try to make you feel so low. Like it's our fault, that they're feeling bad. I just have to understand that they're sick. Unconditional understanding...and great self control not to scream...hehe... This is a nurse's life and more. :)
3 comments:
nice poem nina, beautifully composed.
nde ko matandaan na naconfine ako dati sa hospital pero maraming beses akong nagbantay sa mga kapatid ko.... naappreciate ko ang duty at dedication ninyong nurses lalo na nitong nanganak ako.
I love nurses, bow ako sa inyo. :)
Nurses do so much for very little recognition.. so I will thank you right now! :)
thanks sheen and skittles...:)
Post a Comment