Thursday, May 8, 2008

Then there was Light...




I was watching celebrity houses in the tube and I noticed how the lighting created a different drama to each homes that was featured. I suddenly got the interest browsing into different styles of lamps. I loved the intricate details of fine art lamps, which could be a great accent in a home.


Forecast lighting offers versatility and simplicity in its designs which is just perfect for individuals who wants to be make a statement but still taking into account the main purpose of the fixture. I found this photo lamp quite interesting and would be nice to use like placing a photo for the week or month, just like blogging. :)

There is a wide range of lighting fixtures, both indoor and outdoor, that are available to choose from various manufacturers such as Gerorge Kovacs lamps, Maxim lighting, and more. There are some things that one must consider when buying lamps. I found out that there were several types of fixtures available depending on where you're supposed to use them: Ceiling , wall , hanging, floor and lamp fixtures. The lighting must go with the overall design of the room. Most of these fixtures are relatively inexpensive and good taste should prevail when buying these fixtures.
The wattage of the lamps must be considered here especially if we're a little tight on the budget with the electric bills. When we say wattage, we are talking about a measure of the amount of energy a bulb actually uses. This should not be confused with the brightness that the fixture generates. If increased brightness were a prime consideration it would be best to choose a bulb with higher lumens. If you do this, you will satisfy your need for adequate brightness for the area being considered.


No comments: