After nine days straight of working, I am resting on Labor Day. :) I've realized so many things now that I'm working. How convenient it was before when I'd just ask for my allowance to my parents, tuition fees and my frivolities. Now, I am like a budget freak, trying to make ends meet although in the end, I just have to tighten my belt a bit. Life is hard. I never thought I'd be saying the same thing I have heard my parents tell me. I am still thankful that I am eating 3 meals a day (although now I'm only eating once a day due "toxic" duties in the hospital. toxic is the term used most often in the clinical area whenever things get pretty busy and really tiring.), sleeping in a nice bed with roof above my head. Basic necessities that not all people have the privilege to enjoy.I speak for myself and maybe for most nurses that share the same sentiments as mine. Whenever care is transferred to me, I carry a heavy burden on making sure that my patients are receiving the care that they needed. For a ratio of 1:10, one nurse to ten patients, I am trying my best to give each the time and attention that they needed. I must admit that I usually try to make a triage of who needed more attention than those with benign cases. I hope that nurses are given more importance than thinking that we simply became a nurse for a dream of greener pastures. No matter what kind of currency we're earning, it takes great passion to take care of a person with no relation at all, and helping them get well. Giving sincere labor for the sick. The ultimate payment would be seeing our patients go home in improved condition. Seeing them all smiling while being wheeled into the elevator and outside the hospital, hearing their thank you's totally different from when they were admitted, facial grimace noted, restless and weak. I respect everyone who make an honest living. A big round of applause to all workers!
Happy Labor Day! :)

4 comments:
At 1:14AM, you are still up & still working (online wink wink)... Sooo sipag mo Nurse Nina... 9 consecutive days??? wow, nde ka naman nahilo n'yan sa duty mo? Day off ka naman 'day mapwera sa araw na ito, nde ito counted at lahat eh day off. ^.^
Magdetox, magrest, get enough sleep, eat healthy (o ako yata ang nurse eh) & always curve a smile... smile from your heart (yan daw ang the best na yoga ayon sa oprah- winkz!)
HAVE A HAPPY LABOR DAY MARE! :)
Hugz!
haha...just got home from work at 1:14am, super overtime talaga. My sked's supposed to be 2-10pm. But due to so many patients and toxic talaga ayun napapa-extend. updating the charts of nurse's report takes so much time! :) but still i find time to check my mails and blog. hehe...this is my rest. :)
yup 9 straight days! too bad, wish i worked today, double/triple pay cause its a legal holiday. :) oh well, i'm still thankful for the chance to rest. though hindi din naka-rest. hehe...went out. kelangan isingit ang quality time with...:)
aba... ako ngayon ang holiday ko... may work ka tomorrow? sa birthday ni ineng? uwi kami ni norman bukas...
kelangan isingit ang quality time with...:) may paintrigera mode pa ha? hahahaha... hope you had fun & enjoyed ur q time with...? :p
Post a Comment