Monday, March 17, 2008

Crazy Thoughts: Simply wonderful

The past week has been tiring (work-related) but helpful in my RN life.
  • I have tried going to work really early. Funny that my co-workers don't like seeing me there as they feel toxic knowing that they have to finish everything as their shift is about to end. It was so unlike the previous who would rejoice seeing me 30 minutes early. hehe... the craziness of life really....
  • I thought I was good in organizing myself, being the little OC that I am; but handling several time and energy consuming patients at one time has tested my abilities. I disappointed myself for not keeping up.
  • My duty was supposed to be only until 10pm but I finished all my chartings, endorsements and was able to go home at midnight. The following day, I have learned my lesson. I did everything swiftly and on time. No more miss slowpoke...hehe
I have been very kind to myself so as I won't do anything that would only lead to me getting hurt (heart-related).
  • I tried not to expect too much. I know that things happen for a reason that somehow no one could really explain why. All that we have to do is to accept and move on. The thing is we have to learn to forgive so that we could easily move on with our lives. These are some thoughts that I seem to have learned and really applied the past week.
  • Sometimes when we feel that we are being taken for granted despite all our efforts, I have learned that the best way to deal with this is to make ourselves scarce. Make the other person feel what it's like when we're not doing so many things for them. Maybe then they'd realize how important we are to them. Maybe then they'd completely feel the emptiness without our presence. I am thankful that I've heard wonderful pieces of advice from those I did not expect would be so concerned. I have inculcated some of their words of wisdom and it proved to be worth the trouble.
  • Matters of the heart is such a complicated part of our lives. No one can meddle with what the heart truly desires. It will tell the mind what it really wants. The mind will just reason a bit but the heart will still succeed in the end. No amount of reason can conquer the strength of a great love.
I feel like I've transferred my frustrations to eating esp. sweet goodies. I just could not resist not having my daily dose of chocolate (weight and health-related)
  • This I know I have to control as DM and hypertension is common in our family. My taste buds seem to always look for something sweet. I figured because I haven't eaten most of the day, I needed a boost of sugar in my system so I indulge myself into eating chocolates, (the recent favorite is the Nutella spread...mmmm yumyum!)
  • I could not resist whenever I see choco brownies, cakes or honey glazed donuts. I just have to eat or just have a little taste of it. I so hate myself! I think I am gaining a little weight these past week with my daily indulgence...but I figured its my conscience simply wanting me to feel the guilt. pleasure vs guilt... so hard really really hard...:)
  • Maybe next week I'll try to lessen my sweet cravings a bit...in time for the holy week... It would be my sacrifice... I hope I could control!
CONGRATS TO MR. P FOR WINNING HIS FIGHT...
  • We had a live coverage of the fight and we all thought that despite his Round 3 win when he was able to knockout Marquez, he wouldn't win with the decision. Honestly, we were not so convinced with his win. But what the heck, I can't argue with the judges' decision. They were actually there and knew more about boxing than we do here at home so there. I just thought that usually whenever the challenger never really knocked down the champion, the latter is still the given winner of the fight. But I guess the usual thing that I know does not apply with what has transpired at that time. Even Mr. P himself said it was "luck and great boxer's heart" that made him win the fight. He was talking to the President when he said "chamba lang po chamba..." How humble...
  • Yan ang Pinoy! :)

3 comments:

Sheena said...

simply wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

neng, ngayon lang ulet ako nakabisita... so, ano na nga? breaklavoo na nga? porque? hehe... kwentuhan mo ko pag uwi ko sa weekend ha (holy week pala)

Heart of Rachel said...

Hope everything will turn out for the best.