Friday, November 30, 2007

Scary Thursday



I came from the night shift yesterday so I tried to sleep for several hours just to get some energy. I noticed that my dad had the television on for the whole day. I kept hearing clips of what was being reported on the news though I have no clear idea of what the real story is...Common words come up such as Trillanes, Manila Peninsula, walk out and soldiers taking over the hotel. I knew something is wrong but sleep overcame my desire to monitor what was happening then. Evening came and traffic was building up on the highway for checkpoints were being implemented here. I went to work just being aware that something is wrong in Makati and yes, I am sure that today the dollar rate would increase vs. our dear peso...(to that I am correct...) We were doing the usual routine when changing shifts, endorsing every patient when I heard from the television at the patient's room that a curfew will be implemented in NCR, Southern Tagalog and in another place I am not so sure of...(It included us) curfeew 12mn to 5 am... Then I saw a busload of reporters who have covered the incidents that day, all hands tied with ropes. REASON FOR THIS? The government wanted to ensure that nobody there was included in that supposedly take over. I have to admit that I was a little worried...scared even. For I think that the government, has been taking the situation in a way that feels like the makings of a martial law. I am just a typical Pinay who seems to care to what our country is in now. I feel for those innocent individuals who have to suffer for their personal agendas. I read in today's newspaper that there was supposed to be a wedding at the hotel that day and it had to be called off due to this unexpected craziness. The bride was already wearing her wedding gown and just cried saying they had prepared for that special day for a year. Too bad for the couple...They even had guest who just flew from the US just to see them get married. It was a really bad timing, to think that I thought this kind of story only happens in the movies.
(click here for the full story of this wedding catastrophe)

I just hope that today and tomorrow would be a safe and better day...
Take care everyone!

1 comment:

Heart of Rachel said...

It's been a crazy day. So much happened. I feel sorry for the couple who were supposed to have their reception at Manila Pen.