Friday, November 16, 2007

God is soo Good


I woke up yesterday hearing a loud bang outside my door...It was my mom telling me that it's already quarter to seven and I am late. I had to bid goodbye to dreamland. I jumped out of my bed and took a really cold shower. Hmm...It was going to be another looong day at work. I knew I was late already so I wasn't that much in a hurry. Besides, I tend to leave behind so many things whenever I panic and worry of the time. While I was in the shower, I heard a familiar screech of tires with a loud bang at the end. There was an accident. Another reason to be late. I had to drive the car to work as the traffic was getting heavy and I can't ask my dad to drive to me to the hospital. I wanted to take a photo of the accident but I couldn't find my camera. (where were you when I needed you?) Oh well, so drove off to work.
My day at the hospital was uneventful. Thankfully, as there were no toxic patients to look after. I was the medication nurse and my task was give out patients' medicines. It sounded like a simple task. It is actually I just always and I mean always have to remember the 5 Rs of Medicine administration.
Right DRUG,
Right DOSE,
Right PATIENT,
Right TIME and
Right ROUTE OF ADMINISTRATION.

One of the staff nurses actually told me that the most important of all the 5Rs was the RIGHT PATIENT. Then follow the rest...
It was payday and it was obvious to everyone's faces. Everyone was in good mood until they received their salaries and found out that the new accountant innocently committed some mistakes with the computations. The smiles was then replaced with scowls and angry retorts. I also didn't receive the amount I was expecting I'd get after working for 10 straight working days including 2 official holidays for 12 hours each. Fortunately, the accountant admitted her mistake and we just made an agreement to include the deficiencies on the next payday. It was fine with me, as long as I get what I have worked hard for.
After 12 hours working, my boyfriend sent me a message saying he was on his way to the hospital to pick me up. He was suppose to surprise me. :) I was so happy to see him as I thought we wouldn't be seeing each other for 2 days. Since I brought my own car we just drove in a convoy. I was driving behind him at full speed when this reckless car who I think was supposed to pass and go to the opposite direction decided to go for it at the last minute. Fortunately, Jay was able to step on his brakes and make a full stop with just inches away from the other car. Thankfully, I still have alert reflexes and managed to step on the brakes. My car was unlike the others which would make a full stop once you step on the brakes. Mine has this soft brake on it. (I just made up this term...I didn't know what to call it...:p) I had to make a sharp right for I could bump behind Jay's pick-up. I was lucky that there weren't any cars behind me or on my right side except for a motorcycle which I was able to avoid too. My tires made a loud screech just like what I heard that morning. The only difference was that it didn't ended with a loud bang. Except I realized that I was unknowingly pressing the horn until I made a full stop just about 2 feet from that reckless car's behind. Then silence followed...I have no idea how I drove after that. My knees were still shaking when we got home. We just managed to get out of a potentially ugly accident. I was really saying "Thank you Lord! hay..." (napadasal talaga ako...)
I couldn't erase from my mind the scenes from that night. I going out of work and happily saw my boyfriend. We talked and laughed for a few minutes before deciding to go home. I hugged and kissed him on the cheeks before I went inside my own car. Who would have thought that just minutes after that we would be experiencing that nerve wrecking incident. Happy to scary...Hay God is sooo Good to me...to us.

2 comments:

Princess said...

I'm glad you're safe and unscathed, Monette. Ingat lang lagi, ha?
Your angel's hovering over you at that instant, I'm sure.
Take care and regards to "him".
Tita

Anonymous said...

buti na lang, nothing bad happened. susko, usong-uso ang aksidente ngayon. sabi nga ni boyf, parang slalom driving daw papunta sa 'tin. andami kse mga sobrang lalim na lubak. grabe.