Friday, November 23, 2007

Raindrops and splashes




Last night, I was doing this blog on how I love the rain (which I was unable to post)...How the sound of raindrops gives me a zen-like feeling...It has been raining here for the entire week. Unlike others who hates it when it rains, I secretly enjoy it. I love the cold feeling. Living in a tropical country, rain is my form of snow.
Though, I love rain, I still hate it when it turns into a really strong typhoon that endangers so many people. Who doesn't? I feel bad for those who are truly affected by the storms that we are currently experiencing now. "Lando," the first storm to hit the country is now officially outside the parameters. Now another storm is brewing named "Mina" and Pagasa has warned that this would turn into a Super Typhoon. Our area in now under signal no.1, I am yet to feel the strength of the storm but I am scared of what it could turn out to be. I am praying for our safety and for the others who would be in direct hit of the storm.
My mom, who heard the news yesterday bought several huge water containers which we could use just in case the electricity connection would be lost (we have our own water pump so without the electricity we do not have water supply). I still have to prepare some of the needed supplies such as rechargeable emergency light, candles and would suggest my mom that we keep a stock of food...(just to be prepared).
I believe that God is good and that He would be keeping us safe.

The downside of this...Despite the strength of the storm, I still have to go to work tomorrow...hmmm...what a bummer! Oh well, its simply part of the job. Accept and move on..hehe...

I remembered just the other day, we have yet-to-be ordained priests coming to talk to the patients, just to simply make a conversation. Ask how they're doing, what they're feeling...something of a spiritual/casual conversation. I was giving medications to the patient in one room when I heard one of the brothers ask the student nurse I was with why she is taking up nursing. The student nurse did not answer...(much to my dismay...hehe) so everyone turned to me, "Let's ask the nurse why she chose the profession..."
I was planning to simply smile at them and stay silent but when I saw that they were dead serious with the question and waiting for my answer to the million-dollar-question, I just blurted out "To serve mankind..." hahaha...and then I smiled and left the room without waiting for their reaction. Though, I heard somebody said, "wow..."
It was the most common answer to this very common question...:) Come to think of it, its actually true. same goes for the policemen, doctors, and yes politicians. All serving in different areas but with only one purpose, and that is to serve the people. To be of help, to guide and to protect.

So going back, I just wanted to chant...: Rain rain go away...:)
Constant vigilance! this is the motto for today...We can never be to sure of what could possible happen...That is why we must always be prepared for the unknown and for what lies ahead of us.


1 comment:

Heart of Rachel said...

I made a post on my other blog about the eerie calmness before the storm. But I guess we shouldn't be easily fooled by the calmness because I heard that the typhoon has slowed down considerably. A scary sign of a strong storm coming. Yes, let's be extra vigilant. Take care!