Monday, April 14, 2008

Rubbing Elbows with Ate Glo


14 April 2008 - Today, the Cancer Center, the new addition to our hospital St. Cabrini Medical Center was inaugurated. I had the chance to be a part of marking this latest development in the country's health industry, as this was the first major cancer center in the whole region IV.
Having said that, I met and saw numerous VVIPs. (very very important person/s) Though, I am not a big fan with the present predicaments of the administration, I was still honored that I was there to welcome the president of the country. Despite the humidity, the sudden heavy downpour and the fact that wearing high heeled pumps were killing me, I didn't mind it at all. It's not everyday that I get the chance to welcome and shake hands with the President.
Cameras and videos weren't allowed but still the very stubborn me insisted on taking a stolen photo. I saw almost everyone was taking photos so I just tried to seal a moment with her Excellency. :)
I usually don't listen that much to long dragging speeches, especially when heat, hunger and sore feet were an issue, but today I had the chance to absorb some words of wisdom from one of the institution's dignitaries.
"Money when not put into good use has no value at all. When you just leave it in a bank to earn interest is loses its purpose. It should be used to build and create lives for others."
Just like in life... Life when not put into good use has no value at all... We all have our purposes in life, a mission that we must fulfill. It would just depend on us on how we would put meaning in our existence. (Amen!)

1 comment:

Sheena said...

AMEN. ^.^
Nice Em.