Hindi pa man ako ganap na ina sa ginawa ko kagabi sa hospital parang ayoko na...hehe...I was assigned to NICU last night, I thought it was an easy job I just have to take the vital signs of the baby every hour, feed her every 3 hours and check on her once in a while. My first try at the NICU the baby was still in the incubator, still small and the feeding was not a problem since she got an NGT where I give her milk. But last night, I wasn't prepared for all night crying baby...:) I couldn't figure out what she wants. I have fed her, burped her, turned her to sides, changed her diapers, figured the droplight was too warm for her so I moved from different angles, but still no success. The baby was still irritable. I then tried the different approach, I craddled her...OMG! she stopped crying and slept like a baby. After a few minutes, of swaying her back and forth, I thought of putting her back to her crib...At last! some peace... but only for just a few seconds, as she again did her primadonna cry...Oh alright! What the heck! Again I took her out of the crib and swayed back and forths, stopping only when it was time to feed her. Then she'd demand to be rocked. I had a few minutes of rest and decided to go the station to get my water. I truly envy the other staff all sound asleep. While I was doing my work out all night long. :) I have sang the songs that play on my ipod to her...figured enough of the twinkle twinkle stuff...:) I talked to her about so many things, told her to sleep na tired na si nurse...hehe... or I even tried to ask her what to do with my life. I address my questions as answerable by yes or no and then told her that if her answer is yes then she should cry...The crazy things I do with babies...haha...They have no idea!
Funny that when I was about to go home, I checked on my baby and she was really sound asleep...Well, she better be! Being up all night! I can see a future gimikera...hahaha...
Oh well...that would be for now as I would snuggle into my warm comforter and sleep the day...:) Good night Zombie Nurse!
**I vow not to drink Nescafe coffee again. I really suffer from palpitations whenever I drink that strong coffee...I started drinking coffee again you see but I drink a different brand...Sanka...I never feel restless or tachycardia. That's how I became a coffee addict but last night I ran out of Sanka supplies that I bought the Nescafe coffee and I drank a bottle of mineral water as I feel really dehydrated and dizzy after drinking it. I like my coffee really creamy! :)
1 comment:
Wow! :)
Post a Comment