Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Konichiwa 2008!

Though I wasn't able to do all my New Year rituals such as lighting 12 candles at the struck of midnight and wearing something red for good luck, I still carry great optimism with this year. Good luck is a matter of doing good things for other people. As Einstein once said, "A life lived for others is a worthwhile life."

So here is my New Year's Resolution list...(wishing, hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that I could somehow achieve them...:) This is more of a plan list. I intend to state everything in a positive way...

  1. Get at least 8 hours of sleep...(meaning a cutdown on my pc hours and going out)
  2. Review for the exams I plan to take...
  3. Pass all my exams and take all the necessary trainings
  4. Clear my thoughts of people unworthy of giving even a space in my precious mind
  5. Choose wisely on people to trust.
  6. Show my folks on how much I truly appreciate every single thing that they do for me in different ways for the rest of the year everyday.
  7. Try to smile, laugh and enjoy life.
  8. Do at least one good deed per day.
  9. Save for the future...:) do money making things, whatever you want. ;)
  10. Be a good daughter to my parents, sister to my siblings, nurse to my patients and girlfriend to my dearest Jay. :)
The past year has been really crazy for me, and I am hoping that this year would be good to me. I believe that the choice to be great lies solely on me. All I got to do is to have faith...

We got a new set of 12 months to live our lives the way we wanted it. Waste it, we must not...

1 comment:

Princess said...

What a great list, Monette!
I am sure 2008 will even be a better year for you.
Kisses to all!
Tita