I feel happy that I got through this week...it was too fast that it was just like yesterday that I was going to work on a Sunday...then without even knowing its Friday already! I give myself a pat on my back for getting through a 12 hour duty shift. Something that I am not too thrilled about but well, what the heck! I have no choice. Its something I feel I have to get through. An experience that would probably enhance my skills as a nurse. It is really tiring though, the agony of waiting for that ticking clock to turn to 7...
Welcome to the real life Nina! You are a nurse...and if you're dreaming of getting rich then you chose the wrong profession if you'd stay here in the country. (Something somebody said to me that has been playing inside my head for several days now....)
An excerpt of a conversation I had with a fellow nurse:
"Hindi ka yayaman dito sa Pilipinas kung nurse ka...Walang respeto ang karamihan sa mga Pinoy sa mga nurse dito...ang trato sayo parang katulong ka...ang nakaka-sama ng loob ang mga akala mo kung sino ka alipustahin ung pang mga walang pinagaralan. College graduate tayo e, may titulo tapos ganon lang nila tayo kung awayin..."
After hearing his rantings, I realized that yeah, sometimes he's right. Some just have no respect for nurses. But I am not speaking for my profession only, I think that respect is something we must all give to anybody we encounter in our lives. It doesn't matter what race, social status, educational attainment or face value one has.
Remember the Golden Rule: "Do unto others what you want others to do unto you..."
This is something that anybody could learn and apply. It doesn't require a diploma, a status symbol or beauty...It doesn't take a genius to figure out what one is supposed to do...All we have to think is just do good. Treat everyone right. It wont hurt to give somebody a smile...or make somebody happy...help those who needed it. Give true compliments. Stop too much criticisms and gossips...Just start to be good...
Oh well, I am doing it again...I'm sounding like a motivational therapist... Funny that just this afternoon, I had the chance to relax a bit and sit beside the window at the nurses' station, when I suddenly blurted out, "Hay, what a fast week...parang pinapalipas ko lang ang panahon...I don't know my purpose in life..." Natawa naman ang mga kasama ko sa ward..hehe...natawa din naman ako..."hay may ganon pa talaga kong drama noh? hehe" They all laughed...then fell silent. Each of them were probably thinking the same thing..."oo nga ako din..." sabi nung isa. Then suddenly, they all agreed to my rantings. Actually, what I said and felt at the moment was kinda shallow...but come to think of it...We live each day, some may just let the days pass-by, some may find it too fast or too slow...but few just knew what their purpose is...Maybe this is just a phase that I have to go through...and somehow along the way I'd know what my purpose is...or maybe I am already living it...I just haven't noticed it yet...:)
For now...I'd just let this phase pass-by hoping it would be too fast so I could get through my purpose in life but too slow so I could live and enjoy each moment as it happens...
This is just a phase that calls for some alcohol...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment