Monday, May 3, 2010

Clueless Voter


Election is less than a week and I am still clueless of who to vote for. Watching those documentaries featuring the candidates for president, vice president and senators somehow helped on who "not" to vote. :)

To quote Mr Beltran, he said, "why are we voting for Noynoy? 1. fear of Villar 2. Anger at Gloria 3. Nostalgia for Cory." Somehow this analysis makes sense to me whenever I ask other people whom they would be voting for. He is right that these 3 emotions (fear, anger and nostalgia) should not be the reason for choosing a president. I have nothing against Noynoy, I love his parents. I just feel that he is not yet ready. He could be a president but maybe just not yet...

For Villar, I feel that this man has planned his future ever since. He has the most planned strategies out all the 9 candidates for presidency. He has expressed his desire to run early on that he already has an answer for a 5 or 10 year plan. Sadly, he is burdened with those issues somehow pulls him down from those surveys. (I dont believe in surveys btw)

For Gordon, hmmm apart from he is my brod from Upsilon Sigma Phi, I believe that he very capable in becoming a leader. He has proven this seeing the projects he has spearheaded such as Wow Philippines and his pride the Philippine Red Cross.

For Gibo, I must admit that at first I have never considered him at all. But after watching those documentaries I have decided that this man is really intelligent and serious with his job. He has honestly admitted that he came from a rich family but he knows how to work.

For the others, Brother Eddie, Jamby, JC de los Reyes they all have one reason for running, it to stop the corruption in the government, "iahon sa kahirapan," and all those crap. I believe that they can help with the change in other ways. I admire their passion dont get me wrong. I just think that we could all use these type of passion for the betterment of our country and it only needs to start in us.


So enough said of these presidentiables. On a lighter note, I know that we should always look for the substance and not just what we see physically. I still believe that how these candidates look matter, for one of them would be the face of our country in the next 6 years. I cant help but also look at the next First Lady. :) I must say that Gibo's wife is really first lady material. :)
Elections 2010...It is our right to vote...It is our responsibility...
Vote wisely...

1 comment:

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi! Glad your blog is up again. Tagal ko na rin di nakaka visit dito.

Sayang our Presidential bets didn't make it.